why did I wait!

Ken

For some reason I didn't even think about school. My son should be in preschool now as he is 4. I didn't think until 2 weeks ago to call up the district to find out what I needed to do. Now he is on a wait list for preschool! That is of course unless I want to pay $700-$1700 for the year!!! Not for preschool I won't!

syboken

I know some parents right now who are wanting to take a home school pre-school route instead, not only is it expensive for some on fixed incomes, but its pre-school, sometimes even pre-pre school. If anyone knows how this home school works I would love more info, maybe it could help you too.

MilwaukeeJoe

It's incredible how much pre-school programs cost. But, we went ahead and did it for our 3. We wanted them to get used to having a schedule, and the organization of the day, and getting along with other kids, that kind of stuff. But, also, today they have to know so much before they enter kindergarten, pre-school is worth the investment.

Tyler

I don't see why you should have to pay to get them into pre-school! That is crazy. My wife has put our kids on a schedule since they were born and always included 'school activities' in the morning and afternoon. I see no harm in waiting till kindergarten for the child now and just incorporate learning tools from now until next fall.

Ken

I never new you had the option of paying for the education of preschool if it isn't a private program. I would just do what we did and teach at home until kindergarten. I wouldn't pay that either!