Wife as breadwinner

huullk

I probably would not have a problem with it if my wife does not mind it either. I think in my particular situation, I could actually have more time to work on my own online business/hobby and earn money more leisurely. I really don't care what people outside of my family thinks.

Ownageprankers

I met one guy years ago who has a wife that was almost like second in command to the Dean of a large college out in CA. I am sure she made more than him, now she is somewhat on a break after a move to another state so now he makes more again. My wife and I share responsibilities and right now, she's the bread winner in the while I stay at home with the kids. I never felt disrespected from friends nor family members because from day one, they knew that my wife and I are a team and we only want what's best for the family.

OldPopNLk

For guys who stay at home and look after the nest while the wives work, do you face disrespect from family members and friends in any way? Do you feel inadequate because you are not the breadwinner for the family?
No absolutely not. I'm separated from my wife so I don't even worry about it anymore. The way I feel about it is if you want to keep comparing me to your friends husband and brother or whoever, fine, stay by yourself.

June11th

For guys who stay at home and look after the nest while the wives work, do you face disrespect from family members and friends in any way? Do you feel inadequate because you are not the breadwinner for the family?
Man. I don't think I'd mind this at all. I seem to be dong most of the housework anyway I think!
I mean, I don't think I'd feel inadequate. And I think I'm kind of known to be very headstrong even when making unpopular decisions, so I doubt I'd receive a lot of ridicule.

I think I'd love it. But, I doubt it'll ever happen...

makingloot

I met one guy years ago who has a wife that was almost like second in command to the Dean of a large college out in CA. I am sure she made more than him, now she is somewhat on a break after a move to another state so now he makes more again. This may sound mean, but I would love it if the wife brought home more then me. Being self employeed you never know what exactly you will be making. Having her bring home more, and steady, would relieve a lot of stress.

klarawoodenjr

Both of us work so we have a nanny that takes care of our children. But we do don't forget our job to have some time with the kids.

Jatelo2

Even though the male ego wouldn't let go, I particularly have no problem with shared responsibilities. That is what I can derive from your post. Sitting at home with the kids is as well a huge responsibility

taskeinc

I wish I could be a "house-husband", wouldn't have a problem with it at all. Primarily because I could still work off the Internet, as I do, business would still thrive, and I'd be taking care of the kids at the same time. This is actually what I've done for the past 5 years, working from home while taking care of my daughter and son, except I've done it without a wife, and the mother of my kids resides in another state .. Honestly, it's not as difficult as it's made out to be as long as you have cooperative kids, they are in good health, and you have the finances to handle it all.