Wife is overwhelmed

Don

My wife got a new client this week and then got behind on her work for another client. She is now feeling overwhelmed. I'm thinking of taking the kids out for lunch so she can have some peace and quiet for a while. What do you do when your spouse is overwhelmed?

Sinbian

Maybe try to help her. Let the kids organize play on their own and you can pull up your sleeves and help her with simple things that you can.

Timothy

I try to help her as much as I can whenever she's feeling overwhelmed. She works from home and takes online classes, so if she gets behind or has to do extra work last-minute, I'll take over cooking and cleaning for a couple of days until she gets caught up.

BigPapa

I do the bulk of the housework, shopping and childcare for the household since I work from home. I am usually the one getting overwhelmed and needing help. She is really good about doing whatever needs to be done to pick up the slack though.

Sinbian

I see most of the guys here are helping their ladies in every way they can. No shame in doing household works really. This practice helps with ego control. :)

Victor

I tend to be the overwhelmed one, not her, but we both pitch in and help each other as needed.

I'm not sure how housework helps with ego control, but whatever works for you. ;)

Salazar

I have no problem taking over childcare/housework/cooking duties when my wife gets overwhelmed. We work together as a team. If we didn't, eventually one of us would crack under the pressure of daily stress.

Don

I have found from experience that it is usually better to just give her some space. We went out to lunch and I did the grocery shopping. She is still somewhat frazzled, but she is finally getting the work caught up.