Wife wants to work again.

KevinD

My wife has been a stay at home mom the past couple years, but she is anxious to get back to working again. While the money would help, and it's what she want, could it have a negative impact on the children? They are use to her being there everyday, and I wouldn't want it to hurt them for her to do what she wants to do.

Mohidad

How old are the kids? Are they old enough to be left home alone? Or do you have someone to take care of them while both of you are not at home? Anyway, I think your wife deserves to get what she wants.

Keepworking

I agree, she deserves to get what she wants. I think she can start with working a part time job, so that she doesn't need to leave the kids that long.

TJoel

Starting with a part time job seems to be a good idea. Anyway, I think it would be better if you had someone to take care of the kids while both of you are at work.

Jonathan

Yeah, I agree with that. It doesn't seem to be very safe to leave the kids home alone as it used to be, even if the they were responsible enough for that.

daddydoright

Would your wife be interested in a work at home job? There are several of them out there and it will allow you to have the best of both worlds. A lot of them allow you to work around your own schedule so it won’t interfere with any of her at-home responsibilities.

KevinD

My kids are 3 and 4 years old. I agree she should get what she wants, I wouldn't persuade her otherwise, we are just looking at the details of what will happen with the kids. I have heard of customer service at home, but I'm not sure if she would like to do something like that. I think she just wants to get out more. Socialize and meet more people.