Wife Worries if it was the "Right Choice"

PaPaul

Banned
This is hard for me, but perhaps someone here can help me put it into perspective. My wife divorced her ex-husband four years ago and we married last year, and I've been living with her and her two kids ever since. She says she is happy with our marriage, but every once in a while she brings up that she is worried that it wasn't the right choice for the kids. Her parents and her ex's parents are still married, and I think they give her grief for divorcing and re-marrying. How can I comfort her and perhaps ease her fears?

Zimmer

Try to be supportive and show her that it was the right choice, sometimes people are not meant for each other no use in wasting your life with somebody you don't belong with, try getting more involved with the kids, I'm sure she will appreciate that.

PaPaul

Banned
Thanks, Zimmer - I try to be as supportive as I can. I have a hard time seeing where she's coming from, because, even though her ex is a decent enough guy, I can tell that they just weren't good together and that it was the better choice, even for the kids.

Dave07

It has to be hard to make that decision especially if there are kids involved. I would just try to be the best husband and father you can be.

Salazar

Personally, I think the fact that she is comfortable being that honest with you is a testament to what you two have together. Most couples would be uneasy sharing doubts like that. I'm sure she knows she belongs with you, it's just the kids that are making her second guess. As everyone else said, continue to be supportive of her and the kids and everything will be fine.