Wiki needs some help

Andersson

I was researching a few things this morning and I was surprised to get this little popup from wiki asking for donations. I am surprised no one really donates as much as people use the site, I know I have in the past.

Attachments

BigPapa

I got the same pop up the other day but I don't really use Wiki as often as some people. I try to find more accurate websites to use. Wiki is user based so can't always be relied on without cross referencing at least.

Endalia

I saw that too. But I rarely use it. It isn't the most reliable source as BigPapa has said. It's good if you want to know what people are saying about a subject but that's about it. I do go to it to explain tech terms. Usually that's pretty accurate.

Michael

If I used the site much at all, I'd consider donating to it. Since I don't use it, I see no need to donate. I do donate to sites I use, unless there is a lot of advertising on them. Then I figure they're making their money and I'm being used as an eyeball.

polamalu43

I never use any Wiki sites. I don't trust them at all. I wouldn't donate to a website anyway. Don't get me wrong, we donate just not to websites. I can't tell you the last time I used a Wiki website.

Mel

I saw the pop-up as well, and I have seen similar pop-ups at the Wiki site in the past. I use Wiki all the time to reference things. I have found it to be a very quick and comprehensive way to research even some pretty obscure things.

Andersson

I tend to use it more when I am looking up information about a particular show or movie, just to get an idea of the back story and the cast. It is sad that there is no way to verify what is true on the site, that part I do not like at all.

Timothy

I remember seeing that popup when I was on Wiki a few days ago. I didn't donate, though. I hate it that Wiki is in financial trouble but we just don't have the money to spare this time of year. I doubt I would donate to them even if we did have money to spare though, because they're not a reliable site.

GranddadHoward

My wife uses Wikipedia quite a bit. They seem to have fairly high standards for accuracy. That isn't to say that I would totally rely on the accuracy, but I think it is more accurate than most people think.