Winding down the year

LeonR

December 26 means it's time to wind down another year. I've got to wrap up college issues for one of my girls and check to see what another one needs to get ready for college. What are other dads up to as the year comes to a close?

Kost

I know many of them who are going to have fun taking down all of the decorations around the house. My nephew already started and his tree was down by noon today - that is impressive.

Paul1960

December 26 means it's time to wind down another year. I've got to wrap up college issues for one of my girls and check to see what another one needs to get ready for college. What are other dads up to as the year comes to a close?
We're taking holiday decorations down and trying to get the house looking "normal" again. We're also getting ready for spring cleaning, which will include repainting the inside and outside of the house and barn, cleaning out the gutters, and cleaning all the windows.

Shadow

Well, we started a new business at home and despite the crisis going on we did good this year. So, I'm hoping the following would be even better.

SoontoBe

I'm enjoying my last days of freedom. When the new year gets here, I've got marching orders to clear out the spare room, do some wall repair and paint it to start work on a baby nursery. The wife says she'll take it from there. That's to be seen.

Michael

We have a bit of a warm spell here right now. I'm winterizing the house and doing a few things to the lawn. Storms earlier in the year took their toll. In January and February, I won't want to do things like this, especially if the weather turns raw.

James

We're taking down all the Christmas stuff and making New Year's plans. We've decided to slow cook some black eyed peas, bake a pan of cornbread, pop open a bottle of Asti Spumanti and shoot off fireworks after dark.