Wisdom teeth

Blake

Has anybody had their wisdom teeth grow in extremely late? I feel like I'm having them grow in now and they never grew in as a teenager like a lot of my friend's did. Is that normal?

KevinD

I'm not sure it's normal based on all the people I know that have had them pulled but for me personally, I don't know if I have mine. I don't have any teeth that have grown in the back of my mouth that hurt and I'm in my 30's.

2andalone

I've heard that some people never even notice that they have had their teeth grow in. Others can barely stand the pain. I never had to have mine taken out, fortunately. It sounds like a painful procedure.

Alistair

My last wisdom tooth grew almost a decade ago, when I was 22. It was a bit painful, but quite bearable. I didn't have to take any pills. Normally, most wisdom teeth grow by the age of 30. There might be exceptions, but I've never came across any.

Daniel

Mine began to grow in when I was 15 They poked through the skin half way and remained that way for the next 10 years. Then at 25 they started to hurt but of course I didn't want to go to the Dentist. By the time I finally went to the dentist I was 28 and my mouth hurt so bad I could barely open it. My Dentist said that for many people the wisdom teeth really act up in the mid to late 20s.