Without cellphones?

McGregor

Have you ever thought that you may be able to live better and enjoy your life more without your cellphone? Cellphones help us in many ways, but I hate the fact that people can reach you whenever and wherever you are.

GranddadHoward

I turn my cell phone off when I don't want to be reached, but only certain people have my number and they don't call it often. I only have a cell phone because I used to take trips in the business I retired from and to get in touch with my wife if a have a vehicle break down. Other than that, I seldom use it.

CHenne

Nope, I love my cellphone! I feel connected to the kids and life with it on. I don't have a landline anymore so I need the cell. I can't imagine life without it really. I do turn it off when we go camping though.

Cruise

Well, I learned that life is much easier with cellphones. But there are times when I don't want to be reached, and like GH, I would just turn off my cellphone.

Kenny

I hardly ever remember to turn mine on unless I am expecting a call or need to make one so I don't guess it has really changed my life that much one way or the other.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I get sick of the cell phone at times and will "forget" it when I go out or "misplace" it around the house so I cannot hear it. I know some people who get upset if you do not answer, but there are times when I just do not want to be bothered with the phone. Nothing against anyone, but I'm happy to unplug.

On the flip side, when traveling like I am now, it is nice. I was able to send updates about James' surgery to family members and friends. Along with keep in touch of e-mails.

Daddy_Dearest

I hate my phone. I have just changed it and only a few people have the number. They know to leave a message if they want to talk to me.

Brendan

I just don't turn mine on if I don't want to be bothered. Some people get kind of ticked off about it but they'll get over it. I will not have it running my life.

Tony_H

I unfortunately have to use my personal cell phone for business use, so it is always on. But sometimes ill "accidently" leave it on silent to get some peaceful time with the family. I wish things were simpler most of the time though...

As much as cellphone help us stay connected, they also give us opportunity to be involved in things that aren't important, in my opinion.