Won a raffle

Ed35

I bought a raffle ticket at work for a Diamond necklace and earring set. The raffle was $5! I only bought 1 and guess what? I won! No friggin way I said. I could not believe it. They just announced it yesterday at work. It is going to be a Christmas gift for my wife. I think I’m done with her – even though it only cost me $5. Thoughts?

Mohidad

Wow, congratulations! Surely your wife will be very happy to get them as a Christmas gift. Just curious, will you tell her that you have won a raffle for them?

CHenne

Awesome! I would probably still get her something to go along with them. After all you only paid $5. I would tell her you won a raffle too. Will she ever run into someone you work with who might say congrats.

Mikey

Congratulations. I'd get her something else too. You're probably going to have to tell her about the raffle if she's like my wife. She might not want it thinking it's too expensive.

Blake

That's really neat. You never know when you might win something. I once won a small TV at a school raffle. It was really strange! I didn't expect to win anything.

Keepworking

Yeah, I think it would be good to tell her about you winning the raffle. Tell her something nice like, "If it's not for you, I wouldn't have won the raffle."