Working A Second Job Or Wife Working

Manning

If you needed some extra income for a while, would you get a second job or, if your wife doesn't work, would she get a job? We're doing okay now, but we can see where one or the other might be necessary as the kids get older and want and need more things.

Jack

In our case I'm the stay at home parent. If we needed more income, the way we would do it is I would get a part-time evening job. It would give my wife one-on-one time with the kids and give me contact with other adults.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The wife has been staying home with the children, but does nails on the side. most likely it would be me getting another job. My main job can be done around the other job.

Millman

At one point, I did have two jobs, a full-time and a part-time, to make some extra money. My wife hated it, because I was hardly home and so tired when I was. So she went and found a part-time job. She only works 15 hours or so a week, but her folks are able to watch the kids and it gives us enough so that things aren't so tight.

greatdad

My wife makes some income online. It's not a lot, but it comes in handy. If we needed more, she would probably try to take on more online work. If that didn't work out, we would decide who would get the second job, but usually, she is able to find work when she looks for it.