Working Out The Discipline

Ramblin' Ron

My wife and I finally worked out the discipline. We have talked about this for a few years and yeah, we should have done this sooner but we really had a hard time trying to compromise on a few issues. So now we discuss what has happened and we BOTH talk to our child about the infraction. We decided about the punishment and we decide what is to be done. Makes life much easier now that everything is settled.

Paul40

That is good to hear, I've seen far too many butt heads about discipline. It's something that needs to be talked about early on. Parents have to stand united or the kids will know how to get out of discipline.

Kyron

Yeah, the whole "I'll go to Mom" or "I'll go to Dad" has to be stopped as soon as it starts. And I have also heard kids now threatening to call child protective services. I agree that school needs to tell them not to let anyone hurt them but some of the kids get the idea that discipline is "hurting" them.

Tyler

I agree it has to be talked about and agreed upon. We did this when the kids were little so their would be no go between. It has worked out really well and consistency is the best for children so they know what to expect.