Would you take your 11-year old to....

flfsurveyor

Yeah, go for it. Although my sons and I did not have the opportunity to go together when they were of that age, we watched the show together on TV. As long as they understand that those were professionally trained stuntmen and MUST not be imitated, should be ok. Later, when they were 16 and 18, they went on their own.

dreyz

I think your wife is just scared that your kid might learn bad things from watching wrestling, such as using violence and all, but try to convince her it's nothing. I used to watch wrestling a lot, and I don't find myself suplexing anyone that gets on my nerves. It's safe, and a good father-son time :)

FrankSinatra

Absolutely; I will take my kids to anything that will help us spend some time together and bond us by something we both enjoy. At 11, he is also old enough that you can explain what is real vs fake and what NOT to do when playing with friends.

Niceness8000

I think it's alright. One suggestion. It might be a good idea to have some kind of briefing before you go. Kind of like letting your son know that it's all a performance. And also remind him not to try it when he gets home. Just in case.
I'm not sure that I would approve of going to the wrestling match at 11 years old, but if you do go, then I agree with this idea to brief them as VL stated. I used to watch wrestling. I couldn't wait to try the moves out with my brother and friends. But I guess it depends on the child's nature. If he tends to get into trouble a lot, you may want to re-consider. If he's a good kid who happens to like wrestling, then maybe he can handle it.

R. Paradon

What Happened?

Would you take your 11-year old to a WWE wrestling match? My son has been begging me to take him, and I want to take him. However, his mother things it is a bad idea. What do you think?
OK, Scooter! What were the results? Did you and your son go? I am always curious when a thread like this is started and like to see what happens! :D

ghanashyam

I advise you not to take him to such WWF fights. They have a vulgar way of showing strength. Even the spectators are making some objectionable signs to the part taking wrestlers. The cheering ladies have obscene dress code. Wonder if this make the children violent.

edvisual

Would you take your 11-year old to a WWE wrestling match? My son has been begging me to take him, and I want to take him. However, his mother things it is a bad idea. What do you think?
I'm not really sure.. Nowadays, kids tend to be more aggressive than the kids in past, even when we were ourselves kids.
But, if you want to spend some father-son time together and you know what to tell your son about WWE (that they are like actors and they don't really fight) and make him learn some lessons from this, why not give it a try?

Good luck and have fun!

Lorenzo

So, did you take your son to the WWE wrestling match? If you did, I hope he had a lot of fun and loads to talk about! Personally, I don't see anything wrong with taking my son (if it were me) to the match. Like everyone here said, it's best to brief the child first on what to expect. Of course, it could get violent out there (plus the foul language), but that's precisely the reason why you are there with him, to point out what he could and couldn't imitate.

BigPapa

I would think your wife would encourage it as some good father/son bonding time. Why is she opposed to it? You should sit down and talk about it with her to find out what her reasons are and try to work out a compromise.

tommymac

I don't think wrestling is too violent, especially if you approach it from the aspect that these are athletic entertainers putting on a show.

Jeremy Green

I would. I think they would enjoy the entertainment. I even considered taking them to a UFC, but I think I'll wait on that lol.

themdno

I would be OK with UFC also, as long as they were a bit older, and we had a talk about it first. As long as they know that these guys are athletes, and that it's not OK to do this in real life. Kids are smart, they can understand that. I think the biggest issue would be taking them when they are too young, and scaring them, with a brutal fight.

On the flip side, WWE is made for kids, so I don't even know if they'd need a discussion first. I'd just take them!

chea

Hell yeah take him. I went to WWF when I was 10 years old with my dad and my brothers. I think it's perfectly fine. I don't really understand why parents want to shelter their children so much. WWE is really quite tame actually for an 11 year old.