1st week of school

Alex

Oh no my daughter HATES school. She has only been in school for a week and has cried every day. I do not know how to help or what to do. Any experienced fathers want to help me out?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could help. Ours cried when we dropped her off. But after a week or two she loved it. Sometimes she cries when she leaves now.

Kyron

They will get used to it when they make friends with the others. Usually mine have been the same, crying the first couple of weeks and then running to the school the next week. It's just part of them starting to realize that they are leaving Mom and Dad and what they are used to. They have to get used to having changes in their lives.

vince

I would also suggest maybe talking to the teacher. Maybe he or she can shed some light on to the subject as to what is going on at school to make her cry and hate it so much?

lamant

I can almost say without a doubt that I think 90% of everyone hated school when it first happened. How do you go from playing at home with the kids down the block to being stuck in a classroom for 8 hours a day. You know if we never had school we would hate work more than we do now. ;)

Seven

It took ours about a month to stop crying when she first started. And now in the 5th grade, she loves it. It's like her little social time with her friends.

Alex

I have talked to the teacher and we have both sat down with my daughter. We have now figured out she just missed being at home and with her little sister. Things are much better the last 2 days and we are hoping for no tears tomorrow!

syboken

What you might be able to do is explain that at some point, maybe soon, her baby sister will be able to come join here in school too. And then of course the fun begins for both you and the kids.