Advice for a c-section?

Brendan

My wife is expecting our second child and due to some complications we have been informed she will be having a c-section this time. Any advice from dads who have been through this?

BobbiJ

My best advice would be to stay at the head of the bed. My wife had to deliver by c-section too and I stayed at her head. I went down to cut the cord and I about passed out.

Dave07

Stay at the head of the bed (they will probably make you anyway), don't wear boots, I did those little shoe covers don't fit over boots, put a piece of peppermint in your mouth when you go in (this helps with nausea and smells), hold her hand (they have just doped her to the gills and she can't feel anything past her chest this is terrifying), and encourage her.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
When my wife had hers, they had a current up, and you sat at the end of the bed. next to her head. One thing i did not know is they have her arms straight out and tied down so she cannot move them. That was a little bit of a shock. I was also not allowed to take pictures unless told otherwise. She was pretty out of it, and a little nauseous.

Luke

Yes, they do tie their arms down and I can understand why because if they freak out and start trying to move around and touch things it will be bad.