Am I Wrong?

SeaUrchin

I usually try to get most of the kids lunch ready during the evening before. In the morning I get the rest of it ready and put some type of treat whether it be a piece of fruit, raisins and sometimes a small, fun sized piece of a candy bar. One of the mother's at the school caught me at the latest PTA meeting and went on and on for almost a half an hour about how bad I was because I give my kids a small piece of candy maybe once or twice a week. So, what do you guys think? Am I wrong to occasionally give my kids a small piece of candy?

SamMo

I don't think so. Forbidden fruit is always the sweetest and if you didn't allow it sometimes, be sure that your kids would seek it out. I think you are right to allow an occasional treat and who are the PTA to dictate? ( Harper Valley PTA comes to mind!:D)

Johnny

I don't see anything wrong with it. The only time it can become a problem is if your kids rely on candy and crave it like crazy. But, sounds to me like you're doing the right thing. Treats are fine as long as they're not overdone.

pokerdad

As long as the kids are eating their entire lunch and not just the treat, I don't see it as a problem. And I'm sorry, but you included raisins and fruit in the treat category and the PTA lady had a problem with that too? She has way too much time on her hands.

Jessie

What a rude person! I don't think it is any of her business what you are feeding your kids! I do not see anything wrong with a couple times a week.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you are not wrong. My daughter eats candy a few times a week, but I also call the chocolate covered raisins candy.