Anorexia

Jerry F

My 13 year old daughter has a school friend who has been hospitalized for anorexia. I thought she was young for this but I guess not. It's a shame that stress makes kids do things like this.

Aiden

That's so terrible! My heart goes out to her and her family. I really have no clue what I would do if my kids did something like that. I'm sure it's very heartbreaking:(

RayRay

That's a tough situation. A year ago, my daughter's friend was hospitalized for self mutilation. She was older though, 17 or so I believe. It is a very tough thing to go through.

Jerry F

I just couldn't believe that it's starting to happen so young. I have never heard anything like this before. I understand from the teacher in our daughter's home room, that kids as young as 8 are starting to "diet" and say they are "too fat". This is horrible!

Mel

I wonder if all the ads on TV and the radio and such somehow planted the idea in her young and impressionable mind about the "importance" of being thin?

WallysBunch

I hate the way that younger and younger kids are being stressed and thinking they have to be so mature so quick. I know what you mean about the stress and how the little one's are so quick to want to grow up. I would love to have the simple days but we can't turn back time.