Artists your children like, but you hate

Whoowap

Teenagers nowadays seem to have the strangest music taste. I mean, each decade has its own style and I'm fine with that, but I think today's musicians are really creepy. Take Lady Gaga, for example, I find her to be unfit to represent a role model for our children. Katy Perry as well.

Are there any artists that your children particularly like, but you can't stand? :confused:

Pascallist

Justin Bieber, of course. I don't think I would be a fan of him even if I were still a teenager. I am curious why the kids think Justin Bieber is better than Jacky Evancho.

2andalone

Justin Bieber for me too.

Of course some of the artists, like Lady Gaga, aren't meant to be idols for young kids so I don't fault her for that. Who let's their kids idealize Lady Gaga? I think she speaks more to adults.

orangesweater

I would have to say Katy Perry. My son doesn't care much for her now but when she was very popular, he could not stop listening to her. Her songs are just to bland for my taste. Bring back Debbie Gibson!

Paranoid

I don't like Katy Perry at all. What I really hate is Kids Bop though. What's worse than Katy Perry? Monotone groups of children singing Katy Perry.

crowl

None specific stick out but I was amazed the other day finding out that MTV has now three or four channels. I watched it for about 15 minutes and recognized one single person, during a commercial!

Mikey

I'm just glad they are through the Barney face. I wanted to find the guy and shoot his purple head off. My kids are still young enough that I control things. For now.

Ifamily

I don't like Justin Bieber either. I think he is not so talented as many people believe he is. He doesn't have a great voice, and I hate his hairstyle.

chelly

We did the same thing to our parents too so its really not that different. As long as the music is not vulgar or destructive I just tell them to keep the levels down.