At what age people consider themselves as OLD in your country?

ghanashyam

At what age, the people in your country consider as old in your country? In India, people consider themselves as old when they are 60 but few years back they considered as old when they were 80. I think the average life span of the Indian people must have diminished for such a change.

youngone

Life expectancy in the US is 75 for men. It would be higher if we didn't eat so much crap, we are a fat and sick nation, sadly. I just looked up life expectancy for men in India, it is 63. The age you consider to be old is subjective and it can vary from person to person. You can be a young 60 or a very old 60, it depends.

roncar

I'm 58 years old, but I don't feel it. Most people say I don't look it either. I guess when I was younger I would consider someone my age to be old. Now I don't consider people to be old until they're 70; although, that may change once I turn 70.

R. Paradon

About 74 years is the average life expectancy age in Thailand. However in the rural areas where there is limited stress I have seen many very ancient people. I am 66 and while I sure am not as physical or young looking as I was 25 years ago I feel young and I guess that is what matters.

Christian

I think that this varies from person to person, but I would say that society as a whole in the US would be over 65. That is the retirement age here as well.

Justadad

I'm in the UK and life expectancy for men is around 64. Considering that the retirement age is 65, that's a bit rough! I'm 72 and my wife is 65. We have both been told that we look a lot younger, and I believe that it's your attitude to life that counts, not your numerical age.

Bearsfan

I personally think that even 70's these days don't qualify as old. I think it's more in the 80's. But more and more, I think being old is qualified by how active you are able to stay.

Gavin

In the U.S. I think it's 80 for men and 70 for women. That's the impression I get and it doesn't make much sense to me because women are supposed to outlive men.