Babies Trick or Treating

Victor

We took our girls out trick or treating last night. One is 3 years old, so she was legitimate, but I just carried the 1 year old who stared at everyone. We got a lot of candy for her; my wife said she was starting to feel guilty, since it's clear we will eat the baby's candy. I told her not to worry about it and I'd eat it to spare her the guilt. :p

Have you ever taken your baby trick or treating?

CHenne

Sure the younger ones went out with the older one. Did your 1 year old dress up? Nothing wrong with taking the little one with you.

Gavin

Ours was an only child so we didn't really see the point. When she was old enough to walk we took her out and she was always cute as button.

Endalia

Of course. It's the best day of the year to achieve sugar meltdown. Of course I mean me, not the kids. I would never let my kids eat that much candy at one time. I could imagine the sugar high they would get.

Victor

Yes, we dressed her up as a garden gnome. We saw nothing wrong with taking her with us, but my wife felt a little bad about collecting candy in her name only.

Lorenzo

Yes, we dressed her up as a garden gnome. We saw nothing wrong with taking her with us, but my wife felt a little bad about collecting candy in her name only.
:) I'm sure the people you collected those candies from would assume that your other kid would be eating the baby's treats, not you and your wife.

Don

Yes, my wife dressed our son up like a little devil. Our daughter got jealous because he was getting so much attention. We did get a lot of extra candy that year!

Dad Brad

I have never known anyone who was giving out trick-or-treat candy to be bothered one iota about parents who dress their little ones up and go knocking on doors. All of us can identify with those few precious moments in your lives. The children are adorable, especially the little ones. Enjoy the candy! You've earned it.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The wife and I went with our 4 year old, 19 month and 6 week. All dressed up but I just had the 6 week in the stroller and did not get any candy for him. The rest will eat a piece of candy a day. I see nothing wrong with it and will take the youngest next year.

Victor

:) I'm sure the people you collected those candies from would assume that your other kid would be eating the baby's treats, not you and your wife.
Um, yes. Our older daughter will be eating the baby's treats. ;)

Actually, our older daughter picked out a few more pieces from her bucket and my wife took the rest and the baby's bucket into work today so we wouldn't pig out any more than we already had.

Andersson

We took ours when they were little to smaller parties but no street walking until they were older. I never understood the parents who took strollers, part of the fun is walking from house to house.

BigPapa

We never took our daughter out until she was old enough to enjoy it but then again she is an only child. If you had to take the older one out anyway, then I see no problem in taking the baby as well.

Salazar

We dressed up our daughter and took her when she was an infant, but we refused the candy that people offered to us. We did it mainly for the photo op and then walked around a bit with some friends and their kids.

I really see nothing wrong with taking a baby trick or treating, even if the parents are eating the candy. Halloween is one of those days when everyone should have the opportunity to feel like a kid again.