Baby Fever

Victor

My wife has baby fever again (even though our youngest is only 9 months old) and wants to try in a few months. She's been talking about it for awhile and I'm on board. Now if only our kids will let us get some time alone! :D

Lorenzo

A baby is a precious gift from God. If He will grant you another child in the next month, then it's a great blessing. About the "alone time," I'm sure you can find innovative means for that :D

Foster

I have a fool proof solution to alone time. Grandparents! Send the kids to your parents for the night so you can get some 'Grown up' time.

Victor

I have a fool proof solution to alone time. Grandparents! Send the kids to your parents for the night so you can get some 'Grown up' time.
Yeah, that's what we usually do; however, we just moved and that is no longer as convenient an option as it once was. Still, we're going to take advantage of it and have a date tomorrow evening. ;)

erin

How old are your other kids? I think it's great she wants to get them all out of the way early. Even if that is a strange expression.

Victor Leigh

I am always in favor of having children all in one go. Not all at once, of course. A gap of one or two years between each child is fine. Just make sure the wife gets all the nutrition she needs.

There are many advantages of not having children too far spaced out. One, you save a lot on the baby things. If the gap is a few years, then very often the baby things are lost, thrown away or given away before the next baby comes along. Buying a whole new set of baby things can cost upwards of 500usd.

Another advantage is that the younger ones can take over the outgrown clothes of the older ones. Children tend to outgrow clothes faster than wear them out. That's another savings.

The biggest advantage would be that the children are more likely to grow up as a team since their age differences are not that great. This kind of sibling bonding has a lot of benefits which will manifest themselves even when the children have grown up.

Bear

Congratulations! Our youngest is 18 months and we are still in discussions about whether or not we want another. If we do have another it will be pretty soon, because we do want all of our kids close in age. :)

Niceness8000

Wow, that seems to be quite a task, considering your nine-month-old will be close to two years old when the baby comes along. A friend of mine who has multiple kids says that she recommends getting all of the infant stuff out of the way as soon as you can. I see why she says that.