Bad breath

Pascallist

How to tell that you have bad breath, if using a halitometer is not an option? I am a bit paranoid about having bad breath, and it would help much if I could find an easy way of knowing that I have the problem.

BoyOBoy

Just ask someone who is close to you. I know they may not want to be truthful, but if you really want to know, tell them. They'll most likely be honest with you. You might ask your dentist. He has to tell the truth. I think.

Blended

Well, just ask someone from your family to make a diagnose. A friend of mine has bad breath and he almost never washes his teeth. But nobody has the heart to tell him this. It's just one of those sensitive topics.

Greendad

I imagine it would be hard for you to ask them about it, and for them to tell you the truth (in case it's an inconvenient truth). Though, I agree that your dentist would let you know if you really had the problem.

Kost

I am guessing you can not check your own breathe? Checking with a dentist is a quick and easy way, much easier than buying or renting a halitometer. I actually had to Google that to find out what you were talking about.

WagnerB

I don't think you can check your own breathe either. The trick someone told me is licking the back of your hand, letting it dry and smelling it. I don't think it works well though.