Bath Time

stephen

Do you wash your kids before bath playtime or after? My wife and I had a running argument which is moot now that they're taking showers but I wanted to get everyone's opinion.

I always did it at the beginning to get it over with and she wanted to do it at the end so they weren't sitting in dirty water. Made no sense to me.

Bearsfan

We always got the washing over with at the beginning while the water was nice and warm. Bath time was over when the water started to get cool. Then we would use the shower hose to give the kids a final rinse when they came out of the tub.

ghanashyam

Taking shower should be after the children have finished their playing, making the whole mess of cloths and bodies. My younger smell so badly that I would physically thrown him the bathroom and tell him to spend leisure time to clean everything especially his under arms which smell like rotten eggs.

youngone

I wash my son before playtime while the water is still hot. I don't want him washing in cold and dirty water. My son prefers to do it first as well, get the boring stuff done and then enjoy some playtime.

tommymac

I don't think I've ever encountered this argument before, so I can't offer an opinion. I guess I have to wonder whether or not play time in the bath has any role in cleaning them. Perhaps if you're playing with soapy crayons, etc.

FrankSinatra

Definitely while the water is warm because when it gets cold they are more inclined to want to leave themselves before I have to make them. At least if the bathing is out of the way then we didn't skip on anything important.

Andersson

We did a five minute play time to get started in the water and calm down, then a bath and then a little more play time. Some kids are not known for settling down quick, my son included here and he is learning that joy for himself now.

Don

I did playtime before bath time and my wife did bath time before playtime. I always did playtime first because our son use to hate water and that was the only way I could calm him.

Niceness8000

We usually wash our son after everything is said and done. The only time we wash him early is if and when his diaper leaks or something out of the ordinary happens.

Foster

It's an ongoing thing in my house, the kids are a nightmare to stop playing whilst trying to wash them.

mollew3

I wash my son after playtime. As active as he is, he would smell again after we washed him if we washed him before playtime. Ill let him get in the tub and give him a couple of washes over and then Ill do a final rinse before he's ready to get out.