Beating a cold.

Bearsfan

I think I finally caught the cold that has been circulating around my work. I have been drinking extra fluids, taking vitamins and trying to get a little extra sleep.

Is there anything special you do when you're coming down with or have a cold to get over it?

Sinbian

Balanced nutrition is the key but I also drink a lot of fluids, especially teas of various sorts. I don't like to take medicines before I get really sick.

Lorenzo

I don't like taking meds, too, but at the first sign of a cold, I take them right away before I have the chance to pass it on to my kids. Like what you two mentioned, I also drink a substantial amount of fluids and get as much rest as I can.

LeonR

I used to have a college professor who swore by Linus Pauling. Pauling advocated taking huge doses of Vitamin C and drinking lots and lots of water. My professor's dreams were to live to be 100 and to see the year 2000 come in. He did both. I've taken his Vitamin C advice over the years and rarely have a cold. I am sure I don't take as much as he did.

polamalu43

You are doing it already. My wife tells me to get more sleep and drink a lot. I hope you kick it quick. They are saying it is one of the worse flu seasons in a long time.