Becoming a father sacrifices.

Kenneth

Do you really have to give up so much when you become a father? Some of the people I know make it sound dreadful like your life is over. They say you don't sleep anymore either. Is it really that extreme to where you do everything for the kid and nothing fun for yourself anymore like hobbies? Or are they put on hold until the baby gets older?

CyberJon

I'll let you know soon were expecting our first due tomorrow! I've had similar thoughts however people have told me you don't have to give up your hobbies just rearrange them a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Bear

It depends on your outlook. Fatherhood, like marriage is give and take. You give your time and effort to the baby and he gives back his love, trust and happiness. It depends on how you look at it.

Ed35

No, my life was NOT over when I became a dad. I love being a dad - it's my favorite job. Sure you give up some things but you get so much more.

rollingstone

There are sacrifices to be made when becoming a father and we must be honest about whether we’re ready to take it on. I know I wasn’t which is why I did such a bad job in their earlier years. I still wanted to be the same ol’ me and I kicked up against anything that that tried to prevent it. Now that I’m older, I’ve come to find that what I thought was important paled in comparison to my children. I guess what I’m saying is that it’s a matter of rearranging priorities.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I had to give up some stuff. But what I get in return far out weights what I gave up. Yeah, there are nights with little sleep, lots to worry about when they are sick and so on. But the love and everything else you get in return is worth it all.

Dickneardone

Life changed for me, sure I gave some things up, but I got a whole new set of things to enjoy. I can't say it is easy but it is worth it.