bed time

jason

Administrator
Staff member
When she is in daycare it is between 8 and 8:30. Otherwise it is typically before 9, if something is going on that day, but we still try to keep it around 8.

BigJohn

Well, even though I don't like it, during the summer our bedtime routine goes out the window, but typically our son will take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. During the school-year, it's storytime at 8 and lights out by 8:30.

Glenn

My one year old poops out around 7:30. It all really depends on her nap schedule, but it seems like the crankies set in if we try to push it much past 7:30.

Kenny

Our 18 month old lays down somewhere between 7:30 and 9:00 I know that's a kind of big window but it just depends on her nap schedule that day.

Kevin

My 3 yr. old gets her bath at 7, then stories and lights out by 8pm. She stopped napping shortly after her 3rd birthday. My 11 yr. old goes to bed at 9pm during the school year. In the summer, sometimes she's up until 10 or 11pm.

Jdrake

Wow, this makes me feel so much better. Our kids are in bed by 8 we read a book and them let them wind down. Lights out is 8:30. It is after this that my partner and I get our time with each other (much needed time). It makes me feel better because our no call time is 8:30 and people ask us why and when we tell them that is when bed time is... well people think we are nuts for putting them to bed so early!

Lefty

It really depends upon the child a lot too. If they are under school age, we tried to get ours into bed around 7:30 to 8p. When they reached school age 8:00 to 8:30. Even when they are teens they go to bed around 9:30 to 10p. I think it's essential for kids to get enough sleep, even teens who, I think, don't get near enough sleep.

Jessie

Our son goes to bed around 8 in the winter and more like 9-9:30 in the summer. My ex told him that it's bedtime when the sun isn't out which was great during the winter. Pretty sure that was suppose to be a quick fix, but he now tells me "it's not bedtime the sun is still out".

papabear

Our 10 year old has lights out at 10 pm. She has to be at school at 8 am, so that gives her plenty of sleep time.