Bedtime

Victor

What time do you make your kids go to bed and how old are they? What factors went into that decision?

We follow our kids' cues and unfortunately our oldest (2.5 years old) doesn't like to sleep. After weeks of spending 2 hours putting her down for bed, we gave up and started putting her to bed around 10 pm. Our youngest (5 months) takes a late nap so she falls asleep around 9 pm.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter is typically in bed by 8pm, and my son about 7:15 or so. Neither like going to sleep, but they have learned to accept it.

Andersson

The only time its a 10PM bedtime that we had was if it was a special day, maybe a birthday on the weekend or a late movie night for the kids. I am surprised at how late some other (younger) parents let their kids stay up until too!

joeldgreat

Its all up to training and lots of patience. I make it sure that 10pm is already too late for them to go to sleep. And I make it as a rule, therefore everybody (including us) goes to sleep already by that time. Exceptions would be during weekends where they can stay up to 11pm at night. But, as they already make it a habit of going to sleep before 10pm, they usually don't go too late even on weekends.

polamalu43

Our kids go to bed at different times. On the weekends they are allowed to stay up as long as they want (as long as we are not busy the next day). On school nights the bed times range from 8pm to 10pm.

Lorenzo

My teenager can stay up until 11pm, while the younger ones (two nine year olds, one seven and one two) are expected to be in bed at 9pm. It has become a routine, so they are all used to it by now.

Sinbian

Kids are kids and if you let them decide about this and make a habit out of it, you'll have a difficult time later on. Mine go about 10 pm the latest and they are all younger than 10.

Lieutenant

My son is 10 and his bed time is 9 PM at the latest. I let him stay up that late mainly so I can talk to him before he goes to bed. Since I work crazy hours it is important to me to be able to see him before bed. My daughter is 3 and she goes to bed between 7 or 8 pm. She usually ends up in bed with the wife and I shortly after I get home, because she is "worried" about me.

Clay

My daughter is two and she goes to bed at eight. My son is seven and he goes to bed at eight- thirty or nine. On the weekend my son can stay up a little longer. No kid wants to go to bed. I think that the kid thinks something really cool happens after they go to bed, so they want to stay up.