Braces! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Endalia

I just found out my oldest has to have braces! I am still shell shocked because they are so expensive! I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and make the appointments but man the price is going to kill me!

Michael

I'm dreading that day, too. I do think my daughter will need them in a few years. They will be worth the price, I'm sure, but it won't be fun paying for them.

Victor

I'm sorry; that sucks.

My dentist keeps trying to talk me into getting braces. I told him I'm too old. It’s not like my teeth are that crooked anyway.

polamalu43

That does suck but most ortho offices will let you make payments. Do you have FSA at work? You can plan it next year and have more taken out of your check (pre-tax). Just think of how straight his teeth will be!

Andersson

I am very lucky that we never had to go down this route, I know a friend did and his insurance battled him with it for his daughter years ago. How much are the prices now?

Bearsfan

So far we're in the clear for our girls but we'll see with our son. My sisters girls had these special retainers they had to wear, I think they were called spacers or expanders. It he;lped their teeth fall in straighter. It got one out of wearing braces and the other only had to have them a year. But still, not fun.

LeonR

I could buy myself a new car with what I've already spent on braces for our children. In the end, it's worth it. Our children are becoming more self-confident every day. I love the young women they are becoming.

Sinbian

I just wish braces were our problem. We just had a major plumbing disaster in our apartment. It turns out that I need to change the entire plumbing system. I can't imagine how many bullets will I have to bite.

Timothy

Endalia - I feel for you, because we are about to embark on some major dental work in this household, too. It's not for our son, though - it's for me. Luckily, the dental plan I signed up for through work doesn't have an annual cap on major work, because the preliminary estimates (assuming cash out-of-pocket) were between $8,000 and $9,000.

Andersson

I think I cursed myself earlier saying we never needed it, I just got a note sent home for one of the grand babies and they need one. I guess in our family it skips a generation, I hope my daughter does not flip her lid when she finds out.

Bear

We already know our oldest is going to have to have braces and she is only four. After all of her baby teeth are gone I guess we will have to shop around and make some kind of arrangements.