Breaking Parent's Bad Habits

Kina

Do your parents have bad habits that effect you or your kids and you wish you could make them stop?

One of my grandparents should feed our kids off of his plate. It was always food that we did not want him eating. We could be watching him do it, and he would still deny that he was doing.... while putting a piece of chocolate on the highchair!

He has passed since, so it is not an issue now, nut it used to drive me crazy.

Lorenzo

My mom loves to nag so much about anything and everything that my kids have picked up this "bad" habit. My wife and I leave the kids at my mother's house at least twice a week so they are used to my mom's nagging and think that this is normal. My wife and I wish that the kids are more patient with each other and whenever things don't go the way they want, but with my mom's habit rubbing on them, we're having a bit of a hard time having this attitude corrected.

Godric

My mother in law has a tendency to spoil my son to a point that he wants to stay more in his grand parents place than his own house. Whenever he is around her he cries almost about everything just to get what he wants.