Breastfeeding in public

danno

Does your wife breastfeed your baby? Does she do it in public? How does this make you feel? My best friend's wife feeds the baby anywhere and he is quite embarrassed about it but afraid to say anything to her!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The wife does it. She asked my family before she did it. She does cover up. I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it to be honest when she does it outside of a home. And I have told her that. The reason why is I do not want perverts getting their jollies off watching her.

Jerry F

As long as they have covered up, I don't have a problem with it. There are a lot of options for clothing that allows for the mother to cover up for modesty's sake. It's honestly so much better for the baby, I would rather everyone that can do so, do.

Restless

The wife does it. She asked my family before she did it. She does cover up. I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it to be honest when she does it outside of a home. And I have told her that. The reason why is I do not want perverts getting their jollies off watching her.
Exactly, I also think this is inappropriate for husbands. My cousin used to do that in front of the whole room of people and without any warming. Hey people, breasts for everyone...

SeaUrchin

I have even seen women react negatively to other women openly breastfeeding in public. If they are covered like Jerry said, it should be fine. I certainly wouldn't want her to have to feed the baby in the ladies room. There are too many germs about.

HappyMan

We've not reached that point yet but I've no issue. I've seen my sister feeding her baby, and without a blanket I still couldn't see anything. Baby covered most, and her clothes covered the rest.

There's no need to make mom a prisoner, or else feed baby a milk that just isn't as good.

Jeff

My wife pumps a bottle for our youngest if we are going out to a restaurant or public place. But at families houses she just covers with a blanket and everyone is fine with it. It is what we feel is best for our baby so we don't care what others think.

greatdad

I don't know why people get offended when a woman breast feeds a baby in public as long as she does it modestly and covers up. My wife breast fed our kids in public. Now, if a woman just opened her blouse and breast fed without covering up, I think that is in very poor taste.

NoEnergy

Baby wants to eat-baby should eat. A tiny baby hasn't the means to wait a long time, they get stressed, and giving a brand new baby a bottle can cause problems with breastfeeding.

In short, I would prefer my baby to be nursed in public, than for them to lie and scream and cry, and make such a noise that everyone looks at us like neglectful parents. I'd sooner little man be happy.