Career vs family

Samuel

What is more important for you? Your professional career (and probably linked with it, the earnings you make) or your family?

For me, I am somewhere in the middle. Since I am the main earner in the family, I believe that my career will allow my children have a stress free education so that they do not have to work whilst studying. How about you?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It is a hard balance, but like you I try and stay in the middle and budget between the two. Family wins out sometimes though. What use is the career without the family.

JDdad

I put my family before my job. I am lucky in that I work at a factory that my uncle owns and my dad runs, but I still pull my weight. I make sure I am their for my wife when she needs me (doctor appointments, funerals, family gatherings). I don't want my kids to grow up like I did which was not having my father around because he was too busy working all the time. We never had a want for anything, but my father wasn't a father.

KSmith

It's good that you are in a job that allows you to be flexible, but many fathers aren't. What do those of us who have jobs that require us to be there during certain hours and only allow a certain number of days off do? We can't just quit.

benben

My work comes first because it is my work that is going to give us all a future. I just wish that my wife and kids would respect that more.