Casey Anthony

ChristopherT

Why is the public so fascinated with this trial? Which came first, the public's fascination or the media coverage? I understand why it is big with the OJ and Michael Jackson and even with the Andrea Yates case but who cares?

stayathomepaul

I don't know. She is not the only mother to have done something like this. We have a woman locally who did the same thing and it is barely even on local news.

Clive

I think everyone is fascinated because she didn't report the kid missing. Once the public heard about that odd fact, they perked up and started to pay attention. I just hope she gets what she deserves.

Bear

I hope she and the whole family get what they deserve because the family is obviously covering up for her. I will be glad when the trial is over though because I am sick of hearing about it.

Clive

I saw a little bit of the closing arguments this morning. I wonder how long it will take the just to deliberate. Someone told me the other day that there is one juror that people are speculating will cause it to be a hung jury - has anyone else heard this?

Salazar

I saw that. Unbelievable. I don't really blame them for not going for murder one, but come on. I know our legal system is all about innocent until proven guilty and all that good stuff, but I seriously believe that woman had something to do with her daughter's death.

Phillie

I believe that she knows what happened to her daughter, but I'm not sure that I believe that she had anything to do with it. Then again I did not watch it 100% or read everything there was to read on it.

I would think that we would all like our judicial system. If you are not guilty you want to have the police prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you did it.

2andalone

I have not kept up with the trial at all. From what I hear she sounds suspicious but not knowing much about the case, I can't judge it fairly. The judicial system in the US has to prove that you committed the crime and it's a shame it means that some guilty will walk free. What was the evidence that you think got her off, or where was evidence lacking?

Luke

I don't know what evidence they could have possibly considered that got her off and not convicted. There were decomposition remains in her trunk, she looked up chloroform and how much to use (you know her mom wasn't really looking up "chlorophyl" especially since she was at work), she lied over and over again...