Caught in the act

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have their child(ren) walk in on them having relations with your spouse? How did you handle it?

KevinD

My 4 year old has walked in at a bad time once before. Her mom had to explain how we were wrestling and tickling each other. It is a very awkward situation and it did kill the mood, but I think that's the risk we take unless we lock the door.

Last edited:

Paranoid

No, I've not been on the parent side of this situation. I do remember walking in on my parents when I was about 4. I didn't know what they were doing at the time, it was later that I figured it out. There was no explanation, I didn't ask questions. I just remembered that they had yelled at me to leave the room.

bighelp

Not for us either, guess we have been lucky. I remember my sisters father (and our mother) was caught once and they had to explain why daddy had two tails. I could not imagine the embarrassment from it!!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
. I do remember walking in on my parents when I was about 4. .
So I did scar my daughter then. She is 3 and was hoping she would not remember. She woke up in the middle of the night and opened our door. Thankfully she thinks we were playing/wrestling.

Daniel

Yep, we've been walked in on. We taught our kids to always knock on our door and we've never had an open bedroom, but one night our 5 year old son woke up with a nightmare and walked in. Fortunately we had the lights off but I'm sure he still saw plenty. He never asked questions and it was never discussed again. I'm pretty sure he just plain didn't want to go there... even at 5 he was pretty smart!