Cellphones?

McGregor

What do you think about the recent WHO's statement that cellphones can increase the risk of brain cancer? It's not so surprising but it makes me worry. Do you still use your cellphone as much as you used to?

DaddyO

I actually don't use my cell phone very often. I have heard the same medical findings years ago, so I imagine there is something to it.

Cruise

That's terrible but I don't use my cellphone to make and receive calls that much. Why don't they produce a filtering tool (or something like that) which will protect you from the radiation emitted by the cellphone?

Daddy_Dearest

I have cut down on cell phone usage a lot. It wasn't because of health concerns, but social concerns. It seems that the cell phone interrupts life in a million different ways. I wanted to take control of my life again.

youngdad

Good for you, Daddy_Dearest. I can't believe the number of people, mostly women - no offense intended - who are on cell phones driving down the highway, walking into stores, inside stores, etc, talking on a cell phone.

bighelp

I seldom use my cell for anything more that the email and net extras that it comes with (iPhone) and when I am speaking on it 99% of the time its on speaker. If I gave up everything that could give me cancer I would never have had any fun in my life. But I did quit smoking. ;)