Child Support

Ramblin' Ron

I have seen a lot of fathers who are still single but have a child with a past girlfriend or lover. This situation is hard also as well as being a dad who is newly single or who is widowed. Child support these days is very, very expensive. I have a neighbor who's son is in this situation but he REFUSES to pay child support. This is only hurting the child, not it's mother. I've told him if he didn't want a baby in the first place, there are all types of ways to prevent it these days. He is useless. I honestly don't even respect him simply for the way he deals with this issue even though he is a decent guy otherwise. What do you think?

Tyler

I think that men that do not want to support their children should rot in jail. They have no right to see the child or have anything to do with the child if that is how they want to act! I have a friend who's ex is this way and just recently they took his parental rights away.

Dave

I know a guy that has been in jail because he didn't pay support. He got his parenting rights taken away by the court, but still has to pay. I think that should happen to all that don't pay.

lamant

Its actually very simple, you either want to take care of your child or you do not. You either pay for what your kid needs or you sign over any possible custody for that child and give up your rights. There is no in between, no I have a child but will not pay, thats just stupid, lazy, foolish and unethical.

Unclerob

I'm in agreement with all of you. You made the baby, you pay for your child. I don't care if the mom makes enough money to support that child, you still pay and that money could go towards college.
Garnish their wages is what I say!