Chili and venison

Ed35

I made chili yesterday and I put venison burger in instead of beef burger. I was given a deer by a buddy and we had a lot of it turned into hamburger and a few steaks. The kids did not even want to try the burger! Well I tricked them and they loved the chili. They were trying to guess what was different about it! I told them after dinner! They are all going to try the steaks now… I hated having to trick them but what the heck!

BoyOBoy

Deer and frog meat

Hey, you do what you have to do. My kids learned to like frog legs by telling them they were chicken. The venison was the same way, except we can call it deer now. My kids grew up in the country, and they take great pride in eating game around these parts.

Dad Brad

We make a huge pot of chili. Make that two pots because the chili won't all fit into one pot. After it's done, we pig out and freeze the rest into family-sized containers. It's better tasting after it's been frozen, I think. For those days when we're too busy to plan a meal, we put a container into the refrigerator the night before and have a quick, easy and delicious meal.