Cousin asking for raise

stayathomepaul

My cousin has gone nuts. He is pretty upset because no one got a raise or bonus this year so far. He is going to go in an ask for a raise. I think he is crazy to go in and do that at a time like this. What do you think?

GranddadHoward

I think I would be thankful to have a job and not approach the subject. There are probably hundreds of people who would love to have his job no matter what it pays. An employer can almost always find a "reason" to fire an employee if they want. I would not chance losing my job.

youngdad

I agree with Howard. Now is probably a very bad time to approach the boss for a raise. I'm sure these times are not easy for companies, either. It's really taking a chance asking for a raise right now.

Pascallist

Yeah, I agree with GH too. If I were in your cousin's position, I wouldn't give the boss a reason to fire me. In this situation, it's easy to lose a job but difficult to find another job.

stayathomepaul

That is exactly what I was thinking. I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I will talk to him tomorrow and see what he decided to do. I advised him not to, but who knows what he will do.