Cravings

Salazar

Are any of our fathers-to-be dealing with strange cravings with the mom-to-be? Pickles and ice cream, perhaps? Lol. I don't recall my wife wanting anything odd when she was pregnant. She just wanted food and a lot of it :)

syboken

Not myself right now but my cousin is dealing with some of the most random ones that I may have ever heard of./ Last nights (he facebooks when he is making the food runs) he actually say his wife woke up and told him that she needs a puppy ASAP.

sid

I didn't have such cravings with my wife. But I do hear about other men having such.

What I experienced with my wife was her sudden craving for ripe mango ASAP during off-season. There simply wasn't a ripe mango on the shelves that day. So I went around friends to actually beg for one. I got lucky with a friend who was about to eat his only mango at home :)

One day it was our turn to give another friend a favor. His wife craved for the turbo chicken that my wife cooked one night during a gathering at home. So he came with a dressed chicken, along with his wife. They watched the chicken being turbo cooked.

Last edited:

Kenny

With her first pregnancy my wife wanted Taco Bell and Wendy's chili ALL the time. This time around she has really been too sick to crave much of anything!

CHenne

My wife wanted Crunch candy cars. I kept telling her that they were not good for the baby, and I'm telling you if looks could kill she would have been a single parent and widowed!

WillyWonka

I didn't have any strange cravings when my wife was pregnant last time. I don't remember anything strange she would eat either. One thing she did do was to tell all of us all along that this was going to be a girl and she was right.

Last edited:

Heartbeat

I've never heard of that. I wonder if my wife will start doing this. Is there a certain time of the pregnancy that they start with the cravings?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My wife has had a lot of cravings. Soft Pretzels, hot sauce, the Mexican things 7-11 sells, just to name a few.