dang quitters

bighelp

I never understand why people go through the training process (which they are paid for) and then quit. What is the point of taking a job in a company and then bailing. The worst part is never knowing why.

polamalu43

It's too bad you don't have exit interviews? I think that is how a lot of companies find out what the problems are. I don't know why people do it either, why waste the time?

Freezie

I guess a lot of people don't realize how much work is involved and then they realize that they aren't cut out for it or they just get lazy.

Jack

If it happens a lot at your company, maybe it's worth looking into. If not, maybe some people realize early on during training that the work is not for them.

Sportsfanatic

It is a pain at my job too. Our second shift people are important because they are responsible for getting the right product to the customers on time, but we can't keep anyone working for a long time so we always get new people in. New people always mess things up so we can't keep a well trained staff. They either quit or get fired for messing up so much.

Luke

Not only is having people be trained and then quit annoying for the owners, but for the loyal employees you have too. They are constantly having to train and get used to new people too. They tend to be the ones who take a beating from the higher-ups too when quotas aren't being met because "trainees" run off and leave the slack on them.

Kost

The turn over rate for some places is just up there like nothing else, even worse when we are not in a great economy either. I wonder how many people train others over and over again never finding a good replacement.

Bear

Kost that would probably be the worst job ever...training people over and over again when you know they aren't going to stick around. Usually you can tell within the first few days if someone is going to stick.

bighelp

I think many people are coming in being referred that we are not always aware of and whoever sends them over (if its an agency that is close to us) are not providing correct information. The other week we had a guy come strolling in, his interview attire looked like he just stepped out of a race car pit and he thought that he could land a position that takes years of being with us first to even be considered for the job.