Dating women with or without kids?

DaddyO

Do you prefer to date women that have kids, or have no kids. I think I prefer to date women with at least one kid. I know I don't want my son to be the odd man out in our relationship.

Daddy_Dearest

I am not in the market. However, if I were, kids wouldn't be an issue if things were really working out. It is difficult though.

Davidson

If I was single, that wouldn't brake or make a relationship. With some people you have a spark while with others you don't simple as that for me.

Blended

I don't think it's important. But I'm guessing that for women it is easier to get attached to a guy who already has kids. I don't think it's the same with guys.

Kenny

I am happily married but if I was a single father with kids I think it would be easier to date a woman who either had kids or wanted kids.

Davidson

I don't think it's important. But I'm guessing that for women it is easier to get attached to a guy who already has kids. I don't think it's the same with guys.
Not necessarily I have known plenty of women who are commitment phoebes, men are turned off more often because it's in our programing to spreed our seed, but that doesn't mean women are exempt.

GranddadHoward

If I was a single, it wouldn't matter to me if a woman had kids. I think it would matter to me if the kids and I couldn't get along, even if I had strong feelings for their mother.

Clive

My wife and I have been together since we were 20 so I never had to make this decision, but if I was single today at 32 years old I think I would prefer to date women who don't have kids. I have some friends who have been in relationships with women who have kids and the ex husband/father can be a real pain to deal with sometimes. If he was completely out of the picture then I would consider it.

2andalone

I don't plan to date until my girls are older and I think I would rather be with somebody without children, unless her children are around the same age as mine.

daddydoright

I have a friend who is dealing with this issue right now. She is the mother of five and is currently engaged to the father of one of her children. Although they are engaged, she is still struggling with whether or not he truly realizes and accepts that she is as package deal. I personally think this should have been addressed on the first date because if it’s still an issue for him now, all they are doing is delaying the inevitable.

Kenneth

I don't think I'd date a woman with kids at this point. I'm still looking to have some of my own before I go that far. I prefer to do all the things that couples can still do before there are kids involved yet. I'm not sure if I met someone I absolutely was crazy about that I'd change my mind if she had a child. Guess I'll find out if I ever get in that situation. I just want to have my own children with someone at this point.

huullk

I am happily married but if I was a single father with kids I think it would be easier to date a woman who either had kids or wanted kids.

psmith140

It's pretty difficult, But I suppose if you loved that person it wouldn't really matter? One of my mates married a women with 3 kids and it seems to have worked. Although I suppose it can be a bit hard with that extra baggage and providing for them etc.. then there is the chance of seeing the ex round the corner!

Victor Leigh

I will definitely date a woman with kids. That't assuming that she doesn't have a husband or a 'man in the house'. There's so much more to talk about. Gone are the days when I could talk for hours about nothing.

OldPopNLk

I don't mind the kids at all as long as they are respectful.
I feel like it takes A LOT to deal with other people's kids.

flfsurveyor

Depends on your intentions...

Am a widower with 4 kids and am dating a single mom who has 1. A childless woman, especially one who is fast-approaching the end of her child-bearing years, may have the desire to have a child with you and you may not be open to it! Of course, children, yours and hers, could be a minor inconvenience at times but they could also be a source of fun.:)

footballtim

If you are a man who never had children, and you think that you can have a relaxing carefree relationship with a woman who has young children, and you think you can continue to do the things you used to do in life, think again. Once you are in an actual relationship with that woman, it would be unfair for you to try to live your life as it once was. The children will become your life, which is as it should be. If not, then you need to stay away from women who have young children, as they will not be for you.

BigDaddy

It would be 100% dependant on the woman, her mothering ability, the chold and the relationship with the rest of the family. I dont need to get into drama.

youngone

That depends on whether my son will bond with my girlfriend's child or children. In some cases it can be positive and in other cases it can cause resentment and problems. If I really like someone it doesn't matter if she has kids or not.

NoRisk

I wouldn't be too bothered either way. I think a woman without kids is less complicated though.

Why would your son be the odd one out though?