Dave Ramsey or Suze Orman

BigDaddy

Is anyone else a follower? I tend to prefer Suze as she is a little more in tune with a modern lifestyle. Dave has had some serious money issues in the past himself and his hatred of credit is a little disturbing because he ***umes everyone else is as irresponsible as he is.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I tend to follow Suze more also. I've seen a few of Dave's stuff, but not much. I try to catch Suze when flipping through the channels and see her on.

BigPapa

Actually, I find them both rather annoying. I had some trouble with my finances early on but I found my way out by myself and have been doing pretty well since then. I don't like credit either, I pay cash for everything, except of course my house and our cars. If we don't have the cash, then we don't need it.

Don

We did the Dave Ramsey classes a few years ago. I think it is hard to do his plan unless both partners are working steady jobs. Since I'm self-employed we really couldn't figure out how to budget with my income.

FrankSinatra

I'll pass on both; they are both really good at talking game but I don't trust either of their financial advice. I would rather go to a local financial adviser that will take the time to learn about me before making a decision on my finances.

Don

I'll pass on both; they are both really good at talking game but I don't trust either of their financial advice. I would rather go to a local financial adviser that will take the time to learn about me before making a decision on my finances.
There is some of their advice that I question, but Dave Ramsey has a good budget planning system --- if you have two steady incomes I think the plan would work great. As I mentioned in my other post, the being self-employed thing is the part we had trouble with.

Bear

None of the above thanks! To me they just put off this air that really annoys me, and they seem to think that everyone is going to fit into this pre-set plan they have made out. Finances are not a one size fits all arena.

BigDaddy

Is there any financial advise reads you recommend? I dont follow either very close but I do pick up some good ideas along the way that works with our lifestyle.

Don

Is there any financial advise reads you recommend? I dont follow either very close but I do pick up some good ideas along the way that works with our lifestyle.
I think Clark Howard gives some straight up advice. He takes a more common sense approach. You can also listen to him on the radio.