Do you have your dad around to ask advice from?

Kenny

Is your dad still around to ask advice from? My dad passed away a little over a year ago and before that we had a huge falling out. About my wife being pregnant of all things by the time we started talking again he was sick and it was pretty much too late.

Adam

Thank goodness I still do have my father. He has helped me through a lot with being a parent. Being a parent is a huge learning experience.

papabear

No. I never did. That's how I know the importance of a father in a child's life. I always want to be there for my daughter, because I know how hard it is growing up without advice. It's like constantly walking in the dark having no choice in the fact that you HAVE to learn from your mistakes yourself, because you will make them.

Glenn

Nope. My dad died when I was 9 so the only male influences I had in my life was a grandfather and an uncle, neither of which is much help when it comes to parenting. I do have my father-in-law though and, thankfully, we get along very well.

Caleb

My dad and I are very close, and yes he is still around. He lives about 5 miles from me. I'm very close to my parents and my kids are very close to their grandparents.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My dad provides great advice for the house. How to fix something, and stuff like that. Relationship or children he tends to keep quit though. That is where the mother comes in.

BigJohn

No, my dad died about 3 years before my son was born. He was never really one to give advice to my sisters on raising their kids, he just enjoyed being around them. I miss not being able to have him share watching my son grow up.

Kevin

My father passed away when I was in my early twenties...a long time ago. Thankfully, I have some great friends who've helped me along the way.