Do you still buy dvd or blu-ray discs?

Zimmer

When I was growing up, it always seemed like I was collecting something. When I got older this obsession seemed to pass to movie and tv-show discs, nowadays I only buy a dvd or blu-ray disc if it's a cult movie or something so obscure there's no chance I'll find it on Netflix.

Salazar

I'm surprised my wife doesn't still own cassette tapes. We buy DVDs and CDs because of her refusal to get on board with technology. It drives me crazy.

Sinbian

I was the same way but now I don't seem to have that habit although I still keep my old collections. I always say it's for my kids but I know some part of me still won't give up on them so easily. :)

BigPapa

We don't buy any DVD's anymore because there is no point. We can find pretty much everything online. There are so many places to find streaming content that even obscure titles can be found.

Sinbian

I was renting DVDs and VHSs (for those who remember) back in the day all the time. Now it's not as interesting as it was back then.

Zimmer

I tend to think we're the last generation that's afflicted with this intense drive to horde things. In my mind I know digital distribution is good for the environment, but it's also a little sad to see the world change in such a drastic manner.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't bought one in about two years. The wife will still buy them though.