Do you wish your children would hurry up and get older?

Niceness8000

I love my son, and the way I see he discovers things at his age (1 and 1/2). He is content to run around and grab things, it doesn't really matter what it is as long as he can pick it up. Sometimes I find myself anxious for him to get older so we can do some other things that I believe he would enjoy too. I am training myself not to think this way because I want to cherish every minute I have with him. But I admit, I get myself excited thinking about all of the many many things we can do later too.

mollew3

I would just advise you to be patient and enjoy his early years while he's young. Now that one of my sons is older and growing up I wish I wouldve cherished those years where he followed me around the house and asked to take him for a car ride.

joeldgreat

Nope, if only I can bring back time, I would say I would like my kids to stay as kids. Not that they are not behaving the way they should these days, but simply because we had lots of fun when they still young and not going to school. Now that they are already growing up and slowly have a life of their own, I can only cherished those days when they were just toddlers.

Foster

I have to say yes, both my children get so stressed because they cannot tell us what they want. Our eldest (17 month) is getting better at showing us what he wants but he still stresses and our youngest (5 month) stresses that he can't get anywhere although he is just starting to roll over.

youngone

My son is 6 and I have enjoyed the whole experience. He is reaching the age where we can do more activities together. He is interested in my hobbies, I think most kids are curious about their parents interests. I go camping with my son and he loves it.

ghanashyam

My sons are 30 years and 20 years old, and still they learning somethings from and I learn something from them. Both of them are pursuing civil construction as career and I had been a banker, so we both exchange many things we may not know mutually. After all we learn so many things from Almighty also.

Victor Leigh

No, your son is not going to grow up any faster than he will. Just relish each moment you have with him. This is a one-time one-way trip. Once it's past, it's gone forever.

Spudfyre

I don't think it is bad to want your child to hurry and grow up. I far more enjoyed the 5-12 year age span the most with my 5 boys. The first 4 years, sure cherish them but my best memories come after they are 4 when my sons and I had real communciations and they still were not in rebel mode.
Looking back at the whole kids growing up, if I did it all over again...I'd spend every minute I had while they were in this 5-12 year age range....I think that is where you impact them the most for their future years and really have a great relationship of discovery.

JRDeep

When my son makes a smart allec remark, I wish he was in his twenties so I could put him in an MMA submission, and make him cry like a little kid. For now, a stern look does the job well enough.

Hedonologist

Not particularly, time will come. You can't turn the clock back, only forward. So enjoy this phase while you can, because you may end finding that you miss these days in the future.

edvisual

I love my son, and the way I see he discovers things at his age (1 and 1/2). He is content to run around and grab things, it doesn't really matter what it is as long as he can pick it up. Sometimes I find myself anxious for him to get older so we can do some other things that I believe he would enjoy too. I am training myself not to think this way because I want to cherish every minute I have with him. But I admit, I get myself excited thinking about all of the many many things we can do later too.
Sometimes I really do wish for them to grow up quicker but in the mean time I think about what great it is to play with them when they are so small. You have a big impact on them why they are small, so where's the rush? You want your kid to grow faster but not having a bright future because you didn't spend much time together?
We have only one life.. Let's live it to it's full potential