Dog Sitting

benben

We are dog sitting a friends dog. I don't know what kind of dog he is. He is some sort of mutt. It is nice to have a dog around, but it will be nice when the week is over too!

OrionH

That is what I imagine being a grandparent will be like. I like to dog sit my friends dog. Our dog loves other dogs, but we can't really get another dog at the moment.

NoobDad

I am wondering if we should get a dog sitter for the first week we have the baby home. I am not sure how the dog is going to react to the baby.

wilson

My sister did the same this week to help out a friend, after she moved into 1/4 million dollar house. Let's just say her husband is not happy with the idea of a non-house broken puppy in the home. :(

benben

My moms dog has been wonderful. We have had no problems. We were meant to have him until Wednesday but my mom just called, she misses him and is on her way to get him.

Jdrake

Glad to hear it went well for you. NoobDad, I don't know that I would get a dog sitter. I think it would be better to bring the baby home to him, not the other way around. Just limit the interaction and keep safety in mind.

crowl

Did they provide a crate to keep the dog in when you are sleeping so it is not running through the house making a mess everywhere? I heard crate trained dogs, even as puppies are better to deal with so if they do not have it then it might be worth mentioning.