Drinking?

MickL

For those who drink (be it as a social drinker or heavy drinker), how did you explain your habit to your children? Did you tell them that it's something adult can do but children can't? :D

Jessie

My children are still pretty young. I do not drink in front of them ever and would like to keep it that way. My parents never did in front of us so I will not until they are moved out can coming back to visit.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter is two, and the wife tells her its a daddy drink. I remember when I was young, 5 or so, my father let me try a taste of his beer and I found it disgusting. Never asked or wanted a drink as a kid again.

Daddy-O

I've never been a heavy drinker. On the few occasions that I did drink, nothing was said because it wasn't that big of a deal. I could drink one day and then not drink again for several months.

Cruise

I don't drink very often either, and I have no issue not drinking when I am with the kids. They are still too young to talk about drinking with.

Last edited:

Pop

Yeah, I'm a very occasional (maybe once a month) drinker, so it's never been that big of a deal to me. My daughter has never asked any questions or acted like she was offended by my drinking, so it's not a concern.

Cruise

I have another question related to this topic. So, when is the right time to allow your kids to (learn to) drink? Or will you never allow them to drink at all?