drugs

ChristopherT

I screwed up my hip on a golf trip so my sister sent me some of her pain medication. My wife got it before I did and flipped out. Our family is very 'sharing' when it comes to prescriptions and as a physical therapist my wife is very against it. What should I do?

chelly

I am almost positive but I think sending prescriptions via the postal service that are not for you (with another name on them) is illegal. You might want to look it up though to be safe.

erin

Yes, it's illegal for both your sister and you but your wife should understand that your family has its ways. Did she object to you taking them or just that they weren't for you to begin with?

Graham

Putting aside the legal issue, you should tell her that her way might not be the best way for you. I myself usually chose to suffer through the pain, since most stronger pain medications are derived from opium.

Dickneardone

Since it is illegal I would give the pills back. It is not just sending them through the mail that is illegal. It is also illegal to give anyone else your prescription as well as taking someone else's. While in your situation it is not drug dealing you can still get in to bug trouble. I didn't realize it was illegal until my friend's son was having an asthma attack, and another friends son had an inhaler. It was the same inhaler in every way to the child who was having the attack. The someone tried to give the second child's inhaler to the first child (since they were the same). They happened to be near the police and paramedics at the event because they thought the kid could have to be transported. Well the cop stopped them and informed them that it was illegal and that both parents would be in big trouble. It was kind of sad because the inhaler would have stopped the kid from having to go to the hospital, which he did.