drunk teen

Kost

How would you handle a drunken teen? It seems more teens lately are hitting the news up with stories of being kicked out for things like this. Are parents just handling it wrong or is this what just some people are doing?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I would rather my children drink at home then out where they can get into trouble. To be honest, I would rather they do that, then get their hands on drugs, which when I was younger was easier to get then alcohol.

Then again, it is easier to say now, then to see how I would react when it happens.

bighelp

I think it gets easier with every year that passes for one reason or another. I remember buying cigarettes when I was 15 and these are from the same people who knew my parents, they just did not care. I remember buying beer when I was about 17 and it was across the state line.

Len

I don't think teens drinking is anything new, maybe the stories are just in the news more often. I can't say for sure if it's a result of the way parents are treating it. I'm sure plenty of the now parents did it when they were teens too.

Kenneth

I can't really say how I'd handle a teen if they were my child and I knew they were getting drunk. I guess I'd hope to instill values and good morals in them at a young age and trust that they'll make good decisions and do the right thing in their life when they start to get that peer pressure.

Anthony

I was able to buy beer at a convenience store within walking distance of my house from the time I was 14! Personally, I'd rather my kids drink at home if they are going to do it than have them out pulling some of the stupid stunts I did at that age.