E-prescriptions

MikeWay

Is anyone's doctor's office doing e-prescriptions? We don't get scripts written on paper anymore. Instead the doctor's office sends them directly to the pharmacy via a digital copy.

benben

Yeah, our doctor uses that method as well. The hospitals here are also highly involved in telemedicine. Overall I would say that technology is really improving health care.

NoobDad

Our doctor isn't during it yet. I asked them about it because I know people who do it that way. They said that offices have until 2014 to move to the new medical informatics standards and that they plan to do it sometime next year.

Independent

What is medical informatics? I didn't know there was some kind of mandate for doctors offices to change to e-scripts. My doctor's office must be way behind, they are still in the stone ages.

bighelp

I have only known of phone in's but nothing like this. When my girl got her inhaler this week that is what they did. Somehow to me, on the computer it seems like a security risk. If a doc said thats the only way I would get a new doc.

Phillie

Same here, they send it right from the computer. I love it! It means it is usually ready when I get there. No more waiting for them to fill it after you take the paper in.