Facebook Cheating?

Sinbian

I have a lot of married friends who like to chat with girls online. They claim it is a harmless chat but sometimes they allow themselves too much. How do you look on this, is it cheating?

Blended

Sugarcoat it how you like but this is still considered cheating. Why would you need to chat with other girls if you have one in your home, your life, etc? Sorry but this is a no brainer for me.

Greendad

Cheating starts in the heart, and you don't have to physically meet someone to cheat with her. So, I think chatting and flirting with girls online would hurt your significant other as much as cheating with them.

Ed35

I don't do it and I wouldn't do it. I agree that cheating is not only a physical thing, it's a mental thing too. You are telling someone other than your wife important things - you are confiding in someone else. That is cheating to me.

TwinPeaks

Yes I see that we all agree on this matter. Sometimes people search for some things that they never had or that don't exist. They need to clear their heads and realize that what they have is all they need.

wilson

If the idea is even there, its cheating. We have mutual friends and we have separate friends but we know who all the friends are too. Anyone can get caught up in an emotional relationship even on accident.

WagnerB

They need to clear their heads and realize that what they have is all they need.
I can't agree more with you. Just love what you have and believe that you have all what you love. Also try to put yourself in your spouse's shoes before thinking about cheating on her.

Paul1960

I have a lot of married friends who like to chat with girls online. They claim it is a harmless chat but sometimes they allow themselves too much. How do you look on this, is it cheating?
If you have a conversation with a woman other than your wife, and your wife had that same conversation with another man, and the idea of HER having that conversation with another man upsets YOU, then it's cheating.

To make it even simpler, do unto your wife as you would have her do unto you.

(Or don't do to her what you wouldn't want her to do to you.)